Carers SA’s vision is for an Australia that values and supports carers.
Our mission is to work to improve the health, wellbeing, resilience and financial security of carers and to ensure that caring is a shared responsibility of family, community and the government.
We are the voice of carers, so that their contribution to the South Australian community and economy is recognised.
Carers SA encourages partnership with government and the health and community sectors to enhance service provision and improve the conditions for unpaid carers through policy development, research and advocacy.
Our values, listed below, represent how we will engage with carers, each other and the broader community.
- Inclusivity – all carers are treated with respect, dignity and as a person in their own right.
- Empathy – we are open, approachable and are always willing to provide assistance to carers, the community and each other.
- Integrity – we always act with honesty, accountability and transparency when engaging with carers, the community and each other.
- Professional Excellence – we strive to provide services of a high quality to carers and other customers. We are progressive in our thoughts and actions, and aim to be leaders in the sector.
- Collaboration – we work with carers as partners, focusing on individual strengths with the aim to enhance positive outcomes. All external partnership opportunities are investigated and pursued to best serve the communities we work in and with.