We all need a break sometime
Carers wishing to access Carer Breaks will need to complete eligibility criteria and an initial assessment.
Carer Breaks are provided for Carers in a range of settings including:
- in a group setting to facilitate social connection (particularly with other Carers)
- individual breaks – for Carers identified as most in need of an individual break and/or those who have limited or no other options to have a break away from the person they care for.
- are usually 2-5 hours in length and are where a group of Carers meet and undertake an activity together e.g. art and craft session, mindfulness session, movie meal deal etc.
- Carers SA Staff may attend some group activities and not others.
- include overnight (1-2 nights) accommodation, a group activity, and a main meal.
Eligible Carers will be able to access: Up to 6 Group Activities per financial year. This may include: – 1 Retreat and 5 group activities/breaks or – 6 Group activities/breaks.
Ready for a Carer Break? Contact us to find out more.
Carer Breaks are funded by the Government of South Australia – Department of Human Services.