12:30 pm - 01:30 pm
Salisbury Community Hub Library
34 Church Street, Salisbury, SA 5108
Empowering people to keep children and vulnerable people safe.
This Keeping our Child Safe information session
has been designed to assist everyone in South
Australia to understand their obligations to keep
children and young people safe.
It will assist you as a Carer of children or young
people to understand:
- What policies and procedures organisations that
are required by law to have to keep children safe
- What organisations are required do legally if they
form a suspicion that a child or young person is,
or may be at risk of abuse (mandated notifiers)
- Give resources so Carers understand who and
how to report that a child or young person is or
may be at risk of abuse.
to keep children and
vulnerable people safe.
Keeping children and young people safe involves
more than just reporting concerns to the Department
for Child Protection. This workshop will help:
- Minimise the possibility of children or young
people being at risk in the first place.
- Know what you can ask for to ensure a service
provider is meeting the States Legal obligations.
- Provide resources that will support keep children
and young people safe and educated them about
Carers SA is