Keeping Warm this Winter
Carers SA is excited to offer our members a free subscription to this valuable resource of helpful information and practical advice.
We have organised a free copy for our Carers and to access your free copy,
This new and refreshing magazine was created to support Carers.
It is produced four times a year and packed full of practical and helpful information.
It offers unique insights, creative solutions and helpful perspectives.
If you prefer to read in print, you can buy the magazine at your local newsagent for $9.95 or if you prefer, you can subscribe and have it delivered to your door.
IN THIS EDITION:
- Why do we feel SAD?: The winter blues is also known as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and can be a more severe mental condition for the elderly. Learn why it happens and how to prevent it from leading to depression.
- Keeping warm this winter with colour!: One of the easiest ways to feel better this winter is to use the power of colour. See how colour will elevate your mood and make you happier instantly.
- Carer Payments – How much can you get?: How and where do you even start with carer payments? A short and easy article to help you understand your eligibility and how you can benefit from the scheme.
- Making Home Safe: Ensure the safety of your elderly loved one at home with this comprehensive article and safety checklist for peace of mind.
- Jean Kittson, Actor and comedian: Making the decision to move home after a death or incident of a loved one is never easy. Jean simplifies the process with a checklist that considers everyone’s opinions, especially your elders.
- Maggie Beer. Warms us up this winter with a delicious home cooked meal and scrumptious dessert (hint: includes ice cream!). Easy to make recipes and dishes that the whole family will love.
- Carers Gateway Explained. Discover how Carer Gateway supports carers across Australia with free services, including counselling, peer support groups, respite care, and home help equipment.
- Fun & Games. Enjoy some relaxation with puzzles, quizzes, brain games, and a fun colouring contest!
- Plus… Ita Buttrose: Part 2: Recognising Elder Abuse – Decluttering your world.