Connect, share and learn from other carers with our in-person peer support service.
These free, facilitated peer support groups will enable you to:
- Connect with people in similar circumstances
- Meet with other carers to share experiences, stories and knowledge
- Learn from one another; and
- Develop networks to help support and connect with one another.
As a carer, you have the ability to join groups which may place a focus on (but are not limited to):
- Your caring relationship (ie caring for parent or partner)
- Your stage in the caring journey
- The condition of the person you are caring for; or
- Your carer goals.
Sharing experiences with other carers can create a network of support for when you need it most.
Our qualified and friendly Carer Support Planners will help connect you to the right group in your local area.
Carers who have attended support groups have found sharing knowledge and giving and receiving support from their peers very beneficial, because they “have been there”. They also believe the groups reduce stress, worry and tension and provide lasting connections.
Contact us today to learn more about how you can join one of our in-person peer support groups.